I call this recipe as Indo-Italian cuisine because spaghetti is used.
This recipe is very helpful for working women, bachelors or at times when food needs to be prepared in large quantities during any function. The base which is "gojju" can be made in advance and it can be stored in an air tight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
1 pack Angel Hair pasta
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Bengal Gram | Channa Dal
5 Green Chilies, finely chopped
1 Raw Mango, peeled and grated
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Bell Pepper (optional), cut lengthwise
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 cup Freshly grated Coconut
5 sprigs of Cilantro, finely chopped
2 sprigs of Curry Leaves
5 tsp Oil
- In a pot, boil water. Add a tsp of oil and 1/2 tsp salt and then add angel hair pasta. Cook for 15 minutes and drain.
- In a heavy bottom vessel, heat oil, add mustard seeds, Bengal gram, green chilies and curry leaves. Saute for few seconds until mustard seeds start to splutter
- Add Onions and bell pepper. Saute until onions and bell peppers are completely cooked about 3-5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and grated raw mango. Fry for 2 minutes
- Add spaghetti, freshly grated coconut, cilantro and adjust salt as per taste
- Stir constantly until all ingredients are mixed together
- serve immediately
- If raw mango is not available then lemon can be used
- Different kinds of pasta can be used in this recipe. But I like Angel hair pasta and it turned out to be best