Sabsike Soppu ( Dill leaves), dark green stranded leafy vegetable is very rich in fiber and vitamin K. The oils present in dill leaves such as carvone, limonene, phenolic and flavonoids boosts breast milk supply. This leafy vegetable is classified as galactogogue foods.
Akki Rotti is a southern Karnataka based recipe made with rice flour and a wide variety of vegetables and spices.
*** Note: By adding oil while kneading the dough, keeps it moist and can be refrigerated upto 3 days
3 cups Rice flour
1 large bunch of Dill leaves (with stem), finely chopped
1 Carrot, shredded
1/4 cup freshly grated coconut
1 inch piece of Ginger, finely chopped
2-3 Green Chilies, finely chopped
4 tsp Oil
Water (@room temperature) as needed
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together except for oil and water
- Add enough water to form soft dough.
- Add oil and knead well. Let it rest for 30 minutes
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Take each portions and shape it into balls
- Place one portion of the shaped dough on a greased flat pan. Wet your palm and pat the dough to form a pancake working from inwards and spread it evenly outwards
- Add few drops of oil on the edges. Cook on medium heat on both the sides until it turns golden brown
- For the next rotti, cool the pan with running cold water and repeat the above 2 steps
- Serve hot with coconut chutney. And some ghee is also preferred