Good part of this chutney it is preservable up-to a month or so.
10 Garlic Cloves, peeled
1 kg Tomatoes
6 Curry leaves
1/4 cup Canola or Sesame seed oil
1/2 tsp Red Chili powder
1/4 tsp Asofetida (Hing)
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Grind garlic to a coarse paste and pure tomatoes. Don't add water to both these ingredients
- Now, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add Garlic, curry leaves and hing. Saute for a minute
- Next add turmeric. Stir for 20 sec. Let the turmeric color seep into the oil
- Next, add tomato puree. Mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 20-30 min until oil separates from pan
- Then add red chili powder and salt. Saute for another 15 min on low heat
- Let it cool and don't cover the pan.
- Store it in a glass container and refrigerate