Frozen puff pastry is great for home entertaining party appetizer. Its always good to keep few packages of frozen puff pastry for last minute meal plans. It can be found in dessert frozen isle in grocery stores.
This a good recipe for learners. It is easy to make both sweet and savory appetizers, entrees and desserts.
For veg puff, all you need is few vegetables seasoned with mild spices
1 box of Frozen Puff Pastry sheets
2 tsp Ghee for brushing
2 Carrots, diced
2 Onions, finely chopped
1 cup of peas
4 Cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
4 tsp oil
- Heat oil on a skillet. Add onions, saute until it softens
- Add garlic, carrots and peas. Saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add salt, coriander powder, chili powder and garam masala powder. Cook for 8- 10 minutes
- Thaw frozen puff pastry sheets. Unfold the sheets. Cut the sheet into 9 squares
- Using rolling pin, roll each square of pastry sheet
- Fill each square with 1 1/2 tsp of vegetable filling placing it on the center
- Fold the square on opposite sides to form a triangle. Repeat above steps for remaining squares
- Place these pastries on a sheet pan and brush each piece with ghee.
- Bake at 300F on a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until it turns golden brown
- Serve warm