This recipe is extremely nutritious and helps to keep body warm during winter months. Pumpkins have a long shelf life which makes it easy to store during cold season.
Sautéed pumpkins is good for gestational diabetic mothers , postpartum and kids.
250 gms Yellow Pumpkin (skin on & cut into thin pieces)
2 tsp Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
4 Green Chilies (cut lengthwise)
1 small Onion (thinly chopped)
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
3 tsp Desiccated Coconut Powder
Salt per taste
Cilantro for garnish
1. Heat oil on a heavy bottomed utensil
2. When oil is smoky hot, add the tempering with mustard seeds. When it starts to splutter, add Curry leaves, green chilies and onions. Sauté until onions softens
3. Add turmeric powder and sauté for few seconds until color from turmeric powder is infused in oil
4. Add pumpkin and mix well. Cover the pot and cook for 8-10 mins until pumpkin softens to fork tender. Sauté occasionally without mashing pumpkin
5. Add salt , coconut powder and mix well. Cook for 2 mins
6. Garnish with cilantro
7. Serve as an accompaniment with rice varieties , Chapati etc.