Kesari Bath is made mainly with 4 ingredients- chiroti rava (fine sooji), milk, sugar and ghee. Also, either cloves or cardamon is used for flavoring along with dried fruits and saffron.
I made this recipe for Varamahalakshmi festival. And its the first time, I made it with chiroti rava which came out very well. I was very happy with the outcome of this recipe.
1 cup Chiroti Rava (fine sooji)
1 cup sugar
1 cup Ghee
2 cups Milk
1/2 cup cashew nuts
pinch of saffron strands
- In a sauce pan, roast chiroti rava until it starts to turn golden brown. Transfer rava to a plate
- Add a tsp of ghee and roast cashew nuts until it turns golden brown. Transfer it to the same plate as above
- Now boil the milk
- Add sugar, saffron strands, cashewnuts and cloves. Stir well until sugar completely dissolves in milk
- Lower the flame and slowly add rave to the sauce pan while stirring slowly in one direction to avoid formation of lumps
- Add ghee and mix everything together
- Serve hot