Rava Ladoo is a sweet ball made from semolina (rava or sooji) made during festive occasions. This dessert recipe is extremely easy and come in very handy for last minute preparations during festivals.
This year for Janmashtami, I had been planning to make easy sweet. Just a couple of weeks ago, I made Kesari Bath for Varamahalakshmi festival. I decided to make rava ladoo for Krishna Jayanthi and made this ladoo for the first time on Janmashtami.
The ingredients for this recipe is easily available in your kitchen pantry and steps for this recipe is very simple.
1 cup Semolina (rava)
3/4 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
1/4 cup Cashew nuts
1/2 cup Ghee
1/4 cup Milk
- Roast rava in a pan with 1 tsp of ghee. Saute in low heat for 5-8 minutes until ghee is completely absorbed by rava
- Add sugar and fry for a minute. Also add ghee and cardamom powder. Transfer the contents to a plate or mixing bowl
- In the same pan, heat 1 tsp of ghee and roast cashew nuts until it turns golden brown
- Now, add cashew nuts to roasted rava-sugar mixture. Add another 2 tsp of ghee and mix well
- Add 1 tsp of milk to small portion of rava-sugar mixture. Mix well and roll it into 1 inch ball
- Repeat above step to roll remaining balls. Add milk as required
- Store it in cool and dry place in an air tight container
- Don't add excess milk. Use it in small portions while rolling ladoo's individually
- I used only 4 tsp of ghee, you can add more ghee to add richness to ladoo
- Freshly grated coconut can also be added.