This salsa is infused with traditional salsa ingredients like cilantro, lemon juice, pepper as well as couple of Indian ingredients. I have substituted jalapeno peppers with green chilies.
The recipe is very simple and can be made without a clinch.
Ingredients8 Strawberries, chopped
1 Mango, peeled and chopped
1 Jalapeno or green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
5 sprigs of Cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, whisk jalapeno/ green chili, cilantro, pepper powder, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and salt
- Add chopped strawberries and mango. Mix well
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours. Keep out 15 minutes before serving
- Optional ingredients like red onions or green onions, cucumbers, and tomatoes can be added
- Add chat masala and serve it with pappadis or fried tortillas as a chat