Palak or spinach is used in many ways in day to day cooking like curries, salads, stir fry or sauces. In this recipe, spinach is used as key ingredient in making of "Palak Chapathi". I make chapathi or roti or phulkas at-least 3 to 5 times a week and I like to try something new each time I make these. Previously, I had posted Beetroot Chapathi and Oats Chapathi on Shruchi Kitchen.
In this recipe, there are other ingredients like green chilies and garam masala that adds some heat and aromatic flavors.
2 cups Wheat Flour
1 big bunch Spinach
4 Green Chilies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp Salt
- Boil 3 - 4 cups of water in a pot. Soak spinach in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain excess water and puree spinach. Retain this water for further use
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, green chilies, garam masala, spinach and salt. Mix well
- Add 1 cup of water from previous step to knead dough. Add some more water if required while kneading. The dough should be very soft. Cover the dough in damp cloth and leave it for 30 minutes
- Divide the dough into equal parts. Roll each part in to a ball
- Take a ball of dough, using in a rolling pin roll it flat and thin. Use wheat flour for dusting
- Gently place it on a pre-heated flat pan. Roast it evenly on both sides until brown specks are formed. If required add oil or ghee on top
- Serve hot with your choice of vegetable and curry
You may also like--