250 gms Paneer
250 ml Whipping cream or Heavy cream
5 tsp Oil
Salt per taste
For the masala
5 Garlic cloves (chopped)
2 inch Ginger (chopped)
2 cups or 1 large Onion (diced)
3 cups or 2 large Tomatoes (diced)
1-2 cups of water
For whole dry spices
2 Bay leaf
1 inch piece Cinnamon
For dry spice powders
1/2 tsp Kasturi methi
1/2 tsp Red Chili powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Heat 3tsp oil in a heavy bottomed skillet. Add ginger and garlic. Saute for 30 sec.
- Add onions and saute for 4 min until they start to wilt.
- Add tomatoes and saute for 3 minutes. Allow the ingredients to cool and grind them to a smooth paste.
- Add 3 tsp oil in the same skillet. Add whole dry spices - bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add the masala paste and water. Mix well. Add additional water to reduce the thickness of gravy. Cook for 10 minutes
- Add the dry spice powders - kasturi methi, red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Cook for 5 min. As the curry begins to boil, ass salt per taste.
- Add paneer and sugar. Continue to boil for 5 minutes more.
- Add heavy cream and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with Indian breads.