500 gms Okra, trim edges & slit in the middle
1 Onion, cut into cubes
1/2 tsp Chili powder
1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Chaat masala
4 tsp Oil, divided
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Fry onions until it is wilted. Add the dry ingredients red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala and salt. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Grind the above masala to a smooth paste.
- Stuff the masala paste inside okra
- In the same pan. Heat 2 tsp of oil. Add okra. Saute in medium-low heat for 15 minutes until it is cooked completely.
- Tip: add additional 2tsp of oil, if you like to brown and soften Okra
- Serve as a side dish for roti and pulav