2 cups Maida
1/4 cup Semolina | Fine rava | Chiroti Rava
1/4 cup Yogurt
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Yeast
- In a mixing bowl, mix maids, semolina, yogurt, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Add warm water to knead the dough. The dough should be very soft
- Cover the dough and leave it for 1 to 2 hours until dough rises
- Now divide dough into equal portions and roll them into balls
- Take a ball of dough and using a rolling pin roll it into thick circular shape (I have rolled it into puri size about 5 inches in diameter)
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom vessel
- Gently leave the rolled batturas in oil. Fry it evenly on both sides.
- Use an absorbent paper to drain excess oil
- Serve hot with channa masala