This recipe is deep-fried and requires marination. The initial steps of this recipe can be prepared in advance and helps to save your time.
5 Ocean Perch fillets, cut into 2X2 inch pieces with the skin
Oil for deep frying
1 tsp Fenugreek seed powder
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
1 small piece of Ginger, minced
1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili powder or Spanish Paprika
1 tsp Rice Flour
1 tsp Oil
- In a mixing bowl, mix fenugreek seed powder, ginger, garlic, kashmiri red chili powder, oil and salt.
- Add ocean perch fillets to mixing bowl and mix well
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours
- Add rice flour just before deep frying and mix well
- Heat oil for deep- frying in a heavy bottom vessel. Add fish gently to the oil. Fry on both the sides in medium- high heat setting. Use a paper towel to drain excess oil
- Serve hot
Instead of refrigerating fish, you can freeze it for later use. Thaw fish just before deep frying.