It is prepared using chicken marinated using fresh herbs like lemon grass, ginger, garlic and a variety of sauces. Stay can also be prepared using lamb, beef or pork. But "Chicken Satay" is more crowd pleasing appetizer than any other meat satay.
The recipe and ingredients is simple and easy to follow.
1 lb Chicken Breasts, cut into strips (about 8 nos)
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 inch Ginger, minced
2 Green Onion, minced
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Cumin powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp dark Soy Sauce
2 tsp Fish Sauce
- Soak skewers in water for 45 minutes
- Crush minced ginger, garlic and green onions together
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, soy sauce, fish sauce, juice of half lemon and adjust salt as per taste. Mix well
- Pour the sauce mix over chicken breast and coat it evenly
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
- Now thread marinated chicken breasts using skewers
- Place the skewers on a preheated grill or a griddle
- Roast them even on both the sides. Together it takes about 15 to 20 minutes. Smear oil if required
- Serve hot with grilled vegetables or peanut sauce
- One of the main ingredient of Chicken satay is lemon grass. Due to non availability of lemon grass, I have used green onions and lemon juice.
- For Curry powder, I have used coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric
- To increase level of spiciness, either green chili paste or red chili flakes can be added to this recipe