The ingredients and steps are simple and easy to follow.
5 Carrots, diced
1 Onion, diced
4 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
2 Mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 1/2 Cups water
1/2 Cup Skimmed milk
1/2 tsp Herbs (oregano or thyme or Mint)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2-3 tsp Parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- In a hot skillet, heat oil. Add garlic and onions. Saute until onions turns transparent
- Add carrots. Saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add pepper, salt and herbs. Mix well
- Add water and milk. Simmer for 3-5 minutes and then cool
- Using a blender, puree the carrot mixture. Then pour the contents back to the skillet. Simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Serve hot. Garnish with parsley and mushrooms.
- Adding mushrooms gives crunchiness to the soup
- The purpose of using milk is to give creamy texture. Adding milk to this recipe is optional.