Naan is served mostly with comfort foods like kebabs, tandoor, meat curries or vegetable curries. It tastes best when it is hot from oven.
I have tried to recreate naan recipe using tawa or a griddle. It came out pretty well. This recipe has minimal ingredients and quite easy to make.
2 cups Maida or All purpose flour
1/2 tsp dry yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tsp Oil
1 beaten egg (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix yeast and warm water. Stir until yeast dissolves completely
- In a large mixing bowl, add maida, sugar and salt. Mix well
- Then add yeast and egg (optional). Add water to knead dough. The dough should be very soft. Finally, add oil and knead well
- Keep dough in warm place for at least 2 hours
- After dough has fermented, knead it again. Divide the dough into equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Take a ball and dust it with flour and roll it flat using rolling pin
- Gently place in on a griddle or flat pan. roast it evenly on both the sides. Smear oil or butter
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot