Ingredients1 kg Chicken
6-8 Curry Leaves
1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder
1-2 cup of Water
For the masala
4-5 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
1 large or 2 cups of Onion (diced)
1 tsp whole Pepper corns
- Heat 5 tsp of oil in an earthen pot or a heavy bottemed utensil. Add pepper corns. when it starts to splutter, add garlic and onion. Saute until onions starts to wilt. Tranfer it into a seperate plate and allow it to cool.
- Grind the above masala to a smooth paste. Add 1 cup of water while grinding
- Add chicken, tumeric powder and curry leaves to the same earthen pot. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add ground masala to the chicken. Add small amount of salt and cook in low heat for 10-15 minutes stirring oasionaly. If needed, add water for more curry.
- Add salt per taste and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked completely.
- Garnich with cilantro and serve it with steamed rice.