Ingredients1 cup of Dried peas (washed & soaked overnight in water)
5 tsp Oil
Salt per taste
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
6-8 Curry leaves
Dry Spice powders
1/4 Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red chili powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1 large or 2 cups of Onion (diced)
1 large or 2 cups of Potato (diced)
1/2 cup of Tomato (diced)
- Cook peas in a pressure cooker for up to 3-4 whistles
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the ingredients listed under seasoning - mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- As the seasoning starts to splutter, add the onions. Saute onions until they are wilted.
- Add dry spice powder listed above - turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Saute for 10-15 sec. Make sure that they dont get burnt at the bottom of the pan
- Add potatoes and mix well. Also add 2-3 tsp of reserved water from cooked peas so that it doesnt get burnt at the bottom. Cook in low heat until potatoes are half cook about 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add dried peas along with reserved water. Mix well. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add salt and mix well for 2 minutes. Garish with cilantro and serve with steamed rice, roti and chapati.