Chicken Chow Mein is a Chinese stir fry noodles recipe. It is made with flavorful combination of soy sauce, vinegar and chili sauce.
A very easy recipe and suits when you just need your mouth to sizzle. The base for this recipe is noodles and different sauces. I used angel hair pasta, but you can prepare it with any kinds of noodles.
Also toss it up with fresh vegetables like carrots, broccoli, onions, bell pepper and a little bit of protein like boneless chicken strips.
1 pack Angel hair pasta
200 gms Boneless Chicken strips
1 Carrot, thinly sliced
1 Bell pepper, cut into strips
1 onion, sliced lengthwise
Handful of Broccoli florets
1/2 tsp Pepper
6 tsp Oil
For the sauce
1 cup Chicken broth
4 tsp dark Soy sauce
3 tsp Sriracha sauce or hot sauce
4 tsp Rice vinegar
1/2 tsp Aginomotto
1 tsp corn Starch
- Bring a large port of salted water to boil. Add the angel hair pasta and cook until it is tender. Drain the water and run cold water on pasta. Drain the water again
- Spread the chicken on a preheated wok. Sprinkle little vegetable oil and season it with salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat until it is tender. Keep it aside
- Heat remaining oil and on high heat toss in vegetables for 2 min. Give it a little stir
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients listed under sauce
- Return pasta and cooked chicken strips to the wok. Pour the sauce on top of noodles. Season it with salt and pepper. Stir on high heat for 2-4 minutes
- Serve hot