A phenomenal traditional protein drink to cleanse the digestive track. Roasted barley and horsegram are powdered which is mixed with water and finely chopped vegetables. All these ingredients are pressure cooked. The end result is just as mellow and smooth. To add a little heat freshly ground pepper powder is added.
A regular intake of this porridge helps to reduce blood sugar and cholesterol. The horsegram also helps to remove kidney stones and lowers high blood pressure.
For ganji powder-
1 cup Barley
1 cup Horse gram
2 cups of any kind of vegetables (carrots, onions, tomato, cucumber, radish...)
2 tsp Ganji Powder
4 cups of water
Handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- For ganji powder-
- Roast barley and horse gram separately. After it cools, make a smooth powder
- You can store this powder upto 6 months in an airtight container
- Preparing ganji-
- Mix all ingredients listed under ganji. Adjust salt and pepper as per taste
- Pressure cook upto 3 whistles
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately