Egg drop soup is my Asian favorite soup. I order this soup all the time when I visit a Chinese restaurant. When I wanted to make this recipe at home, I was surprised to find what the base ingredients were; to make this delicious soup.
3 main ingredients to make this soup are chicken stock, eggs and soy sauce. Additionally ginger/garlic, spring onions and corn starch can be added. It takes only 15 min to make this soup.
4 cups of Chicken stock
1 tsp Sesame seed oil
1 clove of Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Corn Starch
Few sprigs of Green onions/cilantro
- On a preheated large pot, heat oil. When it turns smoky, add garlic. Then add chicken stock and bring it boil
- In the meantime, mix corn starch and soy sauce in water without forming lumps. Add this mixture to the boiling chicken stock
- beat egg in a bowl and set aside
- Now reduce the heat and stir the soup using a ladle to form whirlpool. Slowly pour the eggs to create egg ribbons. Cook for 1 minute
- Turn off the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with spring onions/cilantro
- Serve immediately