“Happiness is when you start your day with a good breakfast!!”. I decided to make speciality breakfast on a weekday and make it a family special. And no matter what you cook, it always tasted special when you eat together with your family.
Here is the recipe-
200 gms Horsegram Vermecelli
200 gms Barnyard Vermecelli (or choose any kind)
4 tsp oil
1/4 cup peanuts
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp Channa dal
6 Green chilies (Cut lengthwise)
A sprig of curry leaves
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt per taste
Water ( to cook vermecelli)
- Heat water in a large pot.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil.
- Bring water to boil.
- As the water starts to boil, add vermecelli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Use a large strainer and drain water completely. Set aside cooked vermecelli.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add peanuts and fry until it starts to turn golden brown. Remove peanuts from oil and set aside.
- In the same pan with same oil, add mustard seeds, Chanda dal, green chilies , curry leaves and onions in specifies order.
- Sauté onions until it starts to turn translucent. Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Then add cooked vermecelli and lemon juice and mix well in low heat until all ingredients are well combined.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and peanut.