Out five star high protein and low calorie shell fish recipe. Neyveli Eral Kuzhambu (prawns curry) is exceedingly fast to cook. My aunt Geetha Suresh shared this recipe.
I bought the shrimps at a local Chinese grocery store and made it over lazy Sunday's dinner.
My husband instantly loved this scrumptious recipe. The flavors of fresh shrimp taker over other ingredients in the curry. Trust me, I have made shrimp curry with frozen shrimp. It is rubbery and doesn't taste as good as the fresh ones. The condiments and raw spices add a very good taste to the pallet.
This is the recipe for a good pallet.
500 gms deveined Shrimps
5 tsp Oil
1 stick Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
2 Green chilies, finely chopped
1 Red Chili
3/4 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chili powder
1/4 tsp Pepper Powder
3/4 cup Water
Handful of chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add cinnamon, cloves and fennel seeds. When it starts to sizzle, add ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, red chilies. Stir for few seconds
- Add onions and saute until it softens
- Add tomatoes and cook until it softens
- Now add the dry ingredients - turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and pepper powder. Add water and mix well. Cook for 5 minuted until the gravy thickens
- Now add shrimp and adjust salt as per taste. Mix well until the gravy coats the shrimp. Cook for 2 to 5 minutes
- Stir with chopped cilantro
- Serve hot with rice or chapathi