An innovative use of beetroot transformed into crispy cutlet. When you need easy, simple and healthy family meal; you can reach out for this recipe.
Bring all the ingredients together and shape it into patties . Either bake, pan fry or deep fry. Serve it with chilled dipping sauces or simply place it between burger buns!!
1 Large Beetroot, peeled and shredded
1 boiled Potato
1 cup Bread crumbs, divided
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/4 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Chat Masala
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
Oil for deep frying (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl except oil. Divide the vegetable mixture into equal portions. Take each portion and shape it into patties
- The coat each patty in breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place beetroot patties in a tray. Drizzle oil all over the patties. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the top layer is crusty
- Heat oil in a sauce pan. Gently drop each patty in oil. Cook evenly on both the sides. Use an absorbent paper to drain excess oil
- Serve hot with chilled dips like ketchup or Green Chutney